29 Jan 2010

German Crispy Pork Knuckles

Crackling of the Knuckles.... Sounds of Divine... Crispiness

Having Braised Pork Knuckles, are quite commonly found in most of  the Chinese stalls and restaurants.But to have a Crispy Pork Knuckles... go to a German Restaurants and for a price.No,wait there are some places that can do some very good Crispy Pork Knuckles for less the price.
This place at Bedok has a reputation for cheap good Crispy Pork Knuckle.
Meal set is $14.50,just the knuckles itself is $12.50.

I had the meal set, which came with coleslaw and fries. The fries were average frozen packet one,the coleslaw was good,and my reason for being here the knuckles.

The Knuckles were served chopped.With every bite, the the crackling sound of the super soft crispiness of  the skin was overwhelmingly bursting with flavours.I was going wow..wow with every crackling sound in my mouth.Simply awesome.The meat was flavoured and seasoned beautifully was slightly dry but still juicy,I like it that way, mouth watering yummy!!!
I was told the Belacan Fish $3.50, was one of their signature dish,the other being crispy pork knuckle.
The Belacan Fish was a grilled Selar Fish with belacan sambal stuffed in the fish.It was a bit crispy,slightly charred, the belacan was a bit spicy, blended quite well.It was quite good.I would order this if  I am around there.I won't travel all the way for the fish.
But I don't mind traveling all the way for the Crispy Pork Knuckles it was  worth  my trip and will be going again for sure.The crackling sound still haunts in my mouth.

Fengshan Market and Food Centre.
Western Food 85
Blk 85 Bedok North Street 4
#01-257
Singapore.

2 comments:

  1. I need that.....more fatty food to keep me warm :P Looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fatty food are more tasty than the one without.ha..ha..aahh.

    ReplyDelete