26 Jan 2010

Hong Mao Wanton Noodles

 NEAREST TO BEST IT CAN BE......
This place is now closed.You can visit them at the new premises. click here

Was walking along Joo Chiat Road,when I saw Tembeling Road, it flashed in mind there is very popular wanton noodles along here.I took the road in search .I found the place after some walk nothing much, a old shop house with a coffee shop .There were a quite a number of people there.Guess what,they all having or waiting for their wanton noodles.




Out of place,there is only one reason for all this people to come here, to eat Wanton Noodles.Placed my order, luckily manage to ensure a seat and waited...and waited ...and waited.............and waited.....After a hour and ten minutes.Hey!!! I managed to win the waiting game.And the prize was my $2.50 order of wanton noodles.My longest $2.50 wait ever....
The noodles itself on it's own was very good even without sauce or chilly.With the sauce with the chilly it was simply mouth watering. Texture of the noodles were QQ, yet soft  it just glides through my mouth.Before I could chew it was gone.
The char siew were nothing special but were very decent for wanton noodles,decent cut,decent taste.The soup had a very distinct  ikan bilis flavour was tasty enough for me.
The wantons..Oh yes, the wantons were firm but yet so soft,it was about to melt in my mouth.Bite the juices of the minced pork with seasoning, flowed bursting with flavours.It was a absolute heaven.Far the best wantons I have had so far.Had 2 extra orders of wantons.Yummy..

I have visited this place 5 times in a month.And the shortest waiting time was more than 1/2 hour.Always have extra bowl of wantons.
This is almost the nearest, the kind the of taste I like in a wanton noodles.I will sure be going for my fix of wanton noodles quite often.Here I come or go again!!!












Hong Mao Wanton Mee
128 Tembeling Road

Singapore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment