27 Jun 2010

Ah Hock Fried Hokkien Noodles

For Those Who Love It... Dry!!!

This stall is really very popular at Chomp Chomp.This is another stall you have to play the waiting game.And the minimum waiting can be over 30 minutes.Mine was around,maybe over 40 minutes.

Order a small plate$3.00 to dine there and had order another $5.00 for takeaway,I order straight way together not knowing what I am going to get..After a 40 minutes I got my hokkien mee.At my first glance,you see more of the thin bee hoon than the yellow mee.
 For $3.00 you get a small severing of the noodles with about 2 small prawn,3 to 4pcs of small thin sliced cuttlefish.Served with cut chillies,sambal chilly,half a lime.
The Wok Hei was good,taste wise the bee hoon really dominates in this hokkien me.It doesn't have any wet or gooey like texture.(which is my kind of hokkien mee.)It is really quite dry,almost stir fried kind of feel.The sambal chilly was good the cut chillies were nice gesture.I like cut chillies in hokkien mee .This is more to like the Nam Sing Hokkien Mee.
This is for those,who like the dried version of the hokkien mee.


Ah Hock Fried Hokkien Noodles
Stall#01-27
Chomp Chomp Food Centre
20 Kensington Park Road.
Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment