11 Jun 2010

Hai Kee Teochew Char Kway Teow

Specially For The Hum Lovers

Me I am hum(cockles) lover too,and I have been hearing about this stall for sometime now.His generosity with hums in the Char Kway Teow is well known by many.

A quick check with my kakis confirmed the stall has moved from Commonwealth to Telok Blangah Crescent.I reached the place around there 6.15p.m,The queue was just forming,not much people yet.Lucky me.

The minimum order was $3.00.Had the minimum order but the portion was quite big for the price.
Out of curiosity,I wanted to see just how many  hums were there,with some stir and search, I counted 14 hums.Quite alot indeed,I thought.
It was light in taste,oil was less,in line withTeochew style.It was quite okay,it just didn't have enough Oomph to be there,amount my top choices,but still good enough.But as I was eating I started notice there were no other main ingredients in my char kway teow.A quick stir and search,confirmed there were no fish cakes,no sausages.But I did see he had sausages.And I saw him add sausages to the lady in front of me.

I went back to the stall just to confirm.And was inform the standard portion is without sausages,with sausages you have to add another 0.50cents.So if want,char kway teow with hums and sausages.it would be $3.50.Now that looks abit pricey.
But the amount of hums in the char kway teow would be still quite alot for the price even without the sausages.Though I love hums I still like some sausages and some fish cakes in my char kway teow.
This one is for,all out hum lovers.

Hai Kee Teochew Char Kway Teow
Telok Blangah Crescent, Market and Food Centre
Block 11, Telok Blangah Crescent, 
#01-102 (opp Mount Faber Safra)
5.00p.m- 10.00p.m
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you blogged my fav CKT stall also! Yet to visit him after he shifted to Telok Blangah. :(

    BTW you got ask uncle to put lard? Cos by default is no lard one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Sen,
    If I go again,I will certainly asked for more lard.My fav is hill st ckt at bedok,the old man must be cooking.

    ReplyDelete