3 Oct 2010

Hong Wen Mutton Soup

 Beauty World Centre  ...Bukit Timah

It's been at least maybe over 2 decades,I had this mutton soup....

This was when,they were  just starting out there.I still could recognize the man,selling the mutton soup..I used to work around Bukit Timah area back then and Beauty World Centre was one of my, often lunching place.
It's an open roof top food centre.The food centre has not changed much,even though there has been some renovation works.




Back then who would thought,that this stall would be one of the stalls, to set a bench mark for mutton soup.

I am not sure whether the taste is the same as 2 decades back .But tasting now,I can realise,why I could see stalls here and there, trying to cash in with Hong Wen's name.


 The flavour of the herbal soup was very well balanced,slightly on the sweet side,some taste of Chinese wine.Topped with only some ginger and cilantro to add more balance punch to the soup.
Very balanced and very nice.
 
 The serving was more than reasonable,big chunks of mutton and ribs pieces. The meat was really cooked to perfection.No gamey taste,was very tender soft,just slips from the bone.Very easy in mouth,just disappears with a few chews.And best thing the mutton still tasted very fresh.No indication, like they have been kept outside for long or for days,or reheated.
Prices starts from $4.00.Mine was $5.00

Hong Wen Mutton Soup
Beauty World Centre
#04-20
144 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Singapore.




4 comments:

  1. Que maravilha! Dá vontade de comer...
    Fotos incríveis...Congratulations!
    http://velhaguardacarloskluwe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luiz Carlos Vaz,I am not sure what you have written.Anyway thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good that blog.I liked a lot of thing.

    I have an it also visits me it helps me
    I am from Brazil.

    Address: www.viciojovempbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also regular cus for twenty over years and still is a must when i visit bukit timah, and can see many young girls or woman also like their soup n meat as it did not have the mutton "smell" other have! wonder the owner where he got the recipe ?

    ReplyDelete