19 Nov 2010

Yue Lai Xiang Cuttlefish Kang Kong.

With over 70 years....this should be it....??



I like  Kang Kong Cuttlefish.Though not many stalls sell this nowadays,I just can't seem to find a stall, to really satisfy me or at least say this was worth my trips for once.. Having heard about this stalls a couple of times,decided to give try.

 When I got my order it looked very promising,though it was a bit pricey.Small plate is $5.00.Top with lettuce ,tau pok.pineapples,cucumbers,peanuts and of course cuttlefish and kang kong.It indeed looked very nice.

The cuttlefish was very soft,tender,had a very nice bite to it.The kang kong still had a good crunch,though it was over cooked.And the all important sauce,though it was nice was very overly sweet,terrible sweet.This one is  really for the sweet tooth people.
Asked the man,about sauce,it is all premixed.But he did tell that could reduce the sweetness by adding lime and some other stuff, if I wished.Sorry not making another trip.


 


Yue Lai Xiang
Cuttlefish Kang Kong
stall 32
Bedok Food Centre
1 Bedok Road
Open 12pm to 8pm
Closed Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment