2 Apr 2011

Jian Bo Shui Kueh

They once ruled the Chwee Kueh market....


Use to travel from my home in Yishun to this food centre just to have this.It was that good

But now after 4 recent tries,I have to say it not the same,the once soft texture rice is not so soft enough.
 The once very unique tasting chai po which took their chwee kueh to the top, seem to be quite normal and ordinary as any other stall.On my third visit there were some traces of former taste but  my fourth visit it was not there.
Even their chilly has lost it's touch,and add to the oily flow on the chwee kueh.

Though disappointment written all over compare to my favourite,then once best chwee kueh from the same stall,I must admit it is still quite a good chwee kueh by any standard compare to most chwee kueh stalls around.
Prices from $1.00










Jian Bo Shui Kueh
#02-05
Tiong Bahru Market & Food Centre
30 Seng Poh Road.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love Jian Bo as well.. but I agree with you that their standards have fallen. My favourite chwee kueh is from Bedok interchange now (the one called Bedok Chwee Kueh - http://goo.gl/QEUej

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting.
    Have to agreed Bedok Chwee Kueh is certainly one of the better one's around.

    ReplyDelete