6 Apr 2011

Lee Kheong Roasted Delicacy


Had wanted to try out this place for some time but always ended going,late after noon,where there were only few cold meat hanging around,I wanted to have a fair write up.This day I managed to try out,during lunch hour,with lot of stuff hanging around and still the roasting going on......


 Had rice with Sio Bak and Char Siew.$6.50.The rice was okay simple plain rice with sauce on top.But the sauce  did not quite work for me,may too much herbs in it.Luckily I did not have sauce on the meat.

 Sio bak... the skin was paper like crispy,light,too soft,almost like disappearing bite to it,did not have the crackling bite to it,the skin was too tenderize,meat part okay but still did not quite  please me.
 Char siew was beautifully charred,caramelize,soft,tender,almost perfectly seasoned.Had this just nice fats around the meat which added awesome flavour and taste to the almost perfect,charred caramelize char siew.Simply awesome.












Order takeaway for ribs but they gave char siew and ribs combo.$6.00.Portion was too little for the price.But the ribs was soft.tender and tasty.Not enough for me...

Overall ,for the portion I got,I did find the price to be on the high side .But I did find the Char Siew to be quite outstanding.
Certainly the Char Siew was there amount the best around.











Lee Kheong Roasted Delicacy
#01-1040
People Park Cooked Food Centre
Blk 32 New Market
Singapore
Open 10am-4 pm
Closed on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment