5 Jul 2011

Ali Nachia Briyani Dam

From Tanjong Pagar Railway Station

With the closure of the railway station some of the foodies favourite  food stall too disappeared.And one of the well known Briyani stall relocated just before the closure.

 I first heard they were relocated at Tanjong Pagar Food Centre,after much searching around the food centre and obviously I did not manage to find the stall.The following week,after confirming they were at Blk 5 Tanjong Pagar coffee shop.I went around the ground floor covering all the blocks there like idiot.I was about to give up when I thought might as well try looking upstairs.


 








 The first sign,that I have found the place were the 2 signs of popular stall which were supposedly to be in same coffee shop as the briyani stall.Both the stall were closed on this day but the briyani stall was opened.


 I had the mutton briyani.$6.00

The mutton on this day,was soft and tender but not the melt in your mouth kind of softness or that tender but still tender enough with with few easy chews in your mouth.And was slightly drier and the accompanying mutton gravy was a kind of too thick and dry too.The accompanying condiment of pickled cucumber and yogurt cucumber, were very decent.The dalcha was okay for me.I usually don't use much of this gravy,only the gravy accompanying the mutton.

 The rice was good,light,fluffy,flavourful and fragrant.

Overall this briyani stall can still hold on it's own and give a tough competition to most of the top bryani stall around. 











Ali Nachia Briyani Dam
From Tanjong Pagar Railway Station
Teck Kee
Wanton Mee Coffee Shop
Blk 5 Tanjong Pagar Plaza
#02-04/05
(Next to Tanjong Pagar Food Centre) 
Singapore
 

No comments:

Post a Comment