9 Jul 2011

Lavender Fatty Fried Kway Teow

                                                    This stall  is closed

Like every good char kway teow lover,I was quite excited about the reopening of this unique char kway teow stall.Where the char kway teow is served with a special sauce pour on top.
 

 The 2 old men who were orginally manning the stall at Sam Leong Road were not there.The name of the stall has changed from "Tay Hing Kee Fatty Fried Kway Teow"  to" Lavender Fatty Fried Kway Teow",the people manning the stall were different too.The man at stall,told me he was the son of the old man who manage the stall at Sam Leong coffee shop.

I could not see much of a different at a glaze.Tasting the fried  kway teow by itself,without the sauce did not taste quite what I used to have by the former.And the supposedly  unique sauce did taste quite unique.
One of my favourtite makan guru during a forum discussion,wrote satay sauce was on top of the kway teow.When corrected him saying,"I am sure it is not a satay sauce".Now I am not sure,for it did taste quite to a satay sauce,though it is not a satay sauce.

And sadly mixing the sauce with the fried kway teow,seems like a slight improvement.But did not have the same appeal as what I had experience before when I ate Sam Leong..Eating the fried kway teow with or without  the sauce,it did not quite make much of a difference in taste for me.
Maybe I am being bias,for wanting the same taste as when the stall was manned by the 2 old man then.

And to made matters worse there is very popular Char Kway Teow stall,which is consider by quite a number of foodies as the best char kway teow,in the same food centre.












Lavender Fatty Fried Kway Teow
#02-39
Hong Lim Food Centre. 
 Blk 531A Upper Cross Street

3 comments:

  1. is this stall still around

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is bros and sisters, it has just repoen today along Cumpus Road. good as gold!!!

    ReplyDelete