9 Aug 2011

Rong Chen Bak Kut Teh


When I had this Bak Kut Teh decades back this stall instantly became my favourite Bak Kut Teh stall.To me then it was unbeatable Teochew style clear peppery BKT.I always measured other stalls to this stall's BKT.I occasionally whenever I could find the time,visit this stall for my favourite BKT on and off.But lately.......


But lately on last 3 visits I have notice a huge different in the BKT.



On one visit around 1.45p.m.(Photo above after removing the ribs for clear picture.)The BKT soup stock almost tasted like some garlic soup with very lame taste of pork stock.To make matter worst,there were these mashed up soggy garlic and garlic skin swimming  around the soup.Certainly did not like the soup.And certainly was not expecting this from my favourite, very famous,popular stall.


On other 2 occasion the soup was from okay,to can do la,maybe good.Certainly not the same standard which made this stall my no.1 choice.The ribs were not very soft nor very tender.It did not part easily.It was cooked alright,but slightly tough for a BKT standard and have to bite into it to feast the meat.

 The Ter Ka.I always had their Ter Ka on my top list too.The portion was very generous,was very soft,very tender.The meat, fats and skin could easily fall off.Sauce was supposedly good, tasty but over salty,on both the occasion.

 Perserved Veges.Was nice enough.

To me this was not the Bak Kut Teh ,I was visiting for on the 3 visits.Sorry for now this stall does not hold as my favourite no.1 Bak Kut Teh..Not even among the top in my list for now.
Just hoping they could restore back to my no.1 BKT.












Rong Chen Bak Kut Teh
Blk 22 Sing Ming Road
Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment